Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mixed Media Plaque with Jen

 It is no secret that I love texture AND color!  I can't get enough of bright, gorgeous color and patterns and textures.  This project has both in large doses!   I started this project while I was at the Faber-Castell headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio!  I had it sitting on my desk just waiting for the final finishing touches to make it complete.  Finally, I gave it more texture and some fun UmWowStudios embellishments and I'm thrilled with the result!
 The Butterfly was just the perfect focus on this plaque.  I added WOW embossing powder to create a sparkly centerpiece!
 Here is a great photo of the sparkle!  I am in love with those new Printer's Block alphas!  The fit perfectly in this resin window too!  I stained the block part with some brown ink and left the letters natural.
 Lots of texture added with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle through a net stencil. Splattered with Chalkboard paint adds some contrast.


 The Harlequin background gives the whole piece some grungy loveliness!  I love the natural look to the chipboard.  UmWowStudios has the best edges too for these gorgeous shapes!

I love creating bright mixed media pieces and this one makes me smile.  Thanks for letting me share with you today!

Material list:
UmWowStudios chipboard:  DIY Printer's Block alpha, Distressed Harlequin Background, Butterfly
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Double Scoop Gelatos® in Snow Cone, Mango, Lemon, Metallic Mint, and Margarita Mix
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Chalkboard Paint 
WOW Embossing Powders
aMuse doily
Prima Marketing window
Wood Plaque

 


2 comments: