Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Color Room #127 - Feed Your Soul

I've just entered my first color room challenge.. I'm VERY excited!!

I felt like I was working "out of my comfort zone" the whole time but holy wowza at the end it sure is beautiful!!!


I love the background especially.. I used a huge dry brush to get the effect... run it across your distress stain ink pad (In this case it's the festive berries seasonal one) and spritz the brush ever so lightly with water, just to give yourself some fluidity. Then stroke the paper! After it was dried I also puddled up a bit of the ink and splattered it up the top at an angle from the paint brush strokes and across the bottom left corner. 


One of the prompts in the color room is black and white chevron.. which I don't have in any form.. so I created some using an arrow stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps!. 


Supplies used include:
Paper: Echo Park paper from Winterland and For the Record
Stamps: Viva Las VegaStamps! Butterfly Spotted, Feed Your Soul, Chicken Wire and Arrow
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo, Festive Berries Distress Ink
Other: Floral Beads, Spellbinders floral die, circle punch, American Crafts brad, Globecraft Memories chipboard piece, Miracle Tape by VLVS!, black pen

Linking up to PaperIssues on 1/16/13

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work DeeDee! TCR is always a great place for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DeeDee! I featured your layout on Paper Issues tonight! Thanks for linking us up to your fave layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your beautiful layout featured on Paper Issues! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete