Sunday, February 19, 2012

G45 - altered spool

blogs are funny aren't they? I think they get pushed to the back burner SO easily.. I did a big show.. tried to concentrate on making product for it.. the blog sacrificed.. then I swore once it was over.. I would post tons of goodies to the blog.. however.. Graphic45 put up a design team call.. as well as couple of other places..

But.. I'm posting a Graphic45 pieces right now :) which will go into the larger application post towards the middle of the week!


The spool is decorated with Tropical Travelogue (8x8) papers.. did some fussy cutting (the foliage) as well as paper rolling (the eggs). I stamped a Unity stamp onto some white cardstock as sort of a focal point. The paper unrolls from the wooden spool to reveal a treasure map.. and when it's rolled up a vintage metal button pairs with some bakers twine to keep it closed. Other than that I used some moss, distress ink and glue :)

I've sent this in to UNITY to be pinned on a pinterest board for a competition! Keep an eye out there to vote for me :)
as the week at SimonSaysStampandShow is anything goes, I'll also be linking up there :) 

7 comments:

  1. This is seriously so wonderful! WOW - what an awesome design and I love that it rolls out. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and so creative - love the colours and dimensional detail - it's a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done altered spool! Love the colors that you used! Your dimensional bird's nest at the top is just amazing! And then...you unroll the spool portion to reveal such a neat roll out! Very creative and fun! Thanks for sharing your amazing project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great concept! Love how it rolls and unrolls.

    ReplyDelete