Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shabby Goodness + The Ribbon Reel Challenge

There are a couple of challenges I want to enter this week.. so it'll be a couple of late nights when I have the house to myself so I can actually get stuff done! Late night #1 was last night.. and produced this beauty for the Ribbon Reel Challenge!



Products: Random paper, TH distress ink, Stazon ink, cream lace, cream cardstock, Dandelion stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps!, crochet thread to mimic bakers twine, brown upholstery thread, American Crafts pearl brad, adhesive



I couldn't decide if I wanted to add a sentiment or not, but there's always room on the inside if I choose to do so!! I love the color combo Strawberries and Cream... and TRR wanted bakers twine or ribbon and a flower.. I had a bit of a hard time incorporating the flower at first.. then figured I'd grab some lace and make a huge embellishment out of it! Love the way it turned out :)

I'll be sharing this on the Viva Las Vegastamps blog tomorrow for my 2nd May DT project.

-DeeDeeLink

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the rosette and the beautiful papers. The fancy lace and pretty pearls just finish it off nicely! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, that lace rosette is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rosette! a stunner! thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card DeeDee! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so classy and elegant, Dee...love the medallion with the dangling pearls...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete