Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One more Christmas Card

Here's a closeup of my SketchMania for this week. I wanted to point out some details.


The challenge over at SimonSaysStamp is to use a Lord Tim Technique.. lol. and I feel like I always use Tim's techniques anyways.. so it was pretty easy to make this one fit.. Tons of layers, distressing, using found objects and making my own embellishments!!


I used a kraft base from JilliBean, paper from KaiserCraft and a piece of music sheet paper from an old book I have laying around. There's tons of vintage photo distress ink going on, as well as black soot distress powder.. the two combined make for a great dark brown. The corrugated cardboard is a found piece of recycled packaging that my husband always nabs me from his work ♥. That IS a small strip of Tim's photo reel ribbon. I made the flower out of KaiserCraft paper and clear glitter, there's a pearl in the middle with black curled zebra wire. I found some gorgeous trim sold by the spool at walmart for about $2.. nabbed that up and used it behind the flower. I used the same pearls as the center for the "pin" with a dark brown bead that I glued onto a copper head pin. OH! and the stamp is a gorgeous collage piece by Inkadinkadoo that I got from Miss Purnima G!!

6 comments:

  1. This is a really wonderful card, so many good things to see each time I look at it. I love that Santa stamp too, I can feel it taking a place in my collection soon! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM HELLO? Why wont you sell me flowers like that?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh wow!! I love the textures and the flower!! The shape of the card is really cool too!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fantastic!!!
    I love it!!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Issues!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous! I would love for you to check out my blog and become a follower if you like!

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Love the shape! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete